E-mail replies to Tom Speaker (speakete [at] muohio [dot] edu) by November 2
1. Have you ever published in a women's only anthology/website/forum or other venue? Why or why not?
2. Are women's poetry blogs changing notions of gender? In literature? In society? If so, how?
3. What are your own personal motivations for placing your poetry in your blog or online magazine?
4. On the internet, has women's poetry helped to advance any feminist causes? Give examples if possible.
5. Do you perceive any sexist biases on the Internet, and what do you perceive these to be? Is there pressure on the Internet for women to conform to "masculine" poetry standards? Are these pressures are greater or lesser than in the past? Give examples if you can.
6. Do you see the aspect of anonymity inspiring more sexist vitriol on the web in poetry-related forums? Has anonymity helped to spread anti-feminist perspectives? Give examples if you can.
7. Do you think there is any connection between gender and the formal (not subject-oriented) aspects of poetry? If so, can you describe the connection?