Monday, September 27, 2010

Elizabeth Hildreth + Lippman + Lasky + Sweeney get Bookslutty



Switchback's very own Elizabeth Hildreth has two interviews and a review up in the 100th issue (!!) of Bookslut this month:

An Interview with Matthew Lippman
"I have always believed that my poems were little TV commercials, ultimately. I think that is what I aspire to because I want them to be accessible to everyone. It would be fantastic if poems could take the place of television. It would be fantastic if the experience of watching TV and reading a poem was similar. In a way, it is."

An Interview with Dorothea Lasky
"Life is always awkward. I would never value a momentary unawkwardness for the sake of a poem. Because I think I think there is a power in it. And a poem is a place in life where any person can be powerful, so why not?"

A Review of The Lost Notebooks of Juan Sweeney de las Minas de Cobre by Chad Sweeney
"Maybe it’s true that you can’t judge a book by its cover. Unless you happen to be reading The Lost Notebooks of Juan Sweeney de las Minas de Cobre (Forklift, Ink., 2010). In which case, you can."

Congratulations, Liz, and keep up the interesting work!

No comments: