Monday, May 06, 2013

Staff Profile: Ellen Fogelman


1. What do you do for Switchback?
I'm the Development Coordinator, which means I research grants and other funding opportunities and apply for them. The best part of this has been hearing all the different project ideas that the Switchback editors and staff havethe future looks very exciting from here.

2. What do you feel like you get out of working for Switchback?

I strongly believe in Switchback's mission and am happy I get to be one of the people working to support it. Also, it's great to be part of such a vibrant and hardworking team!

3. Where are you from, and how important is where you’re from to you?

I'm from suburban Chicago, which is not very exciting. I would say the specific place isn't as important as the peopleI'm very close to my family members and wouldn't want to be too far away from them.

4. What are five of your favorite non-poetry-related things?
chocolate, fiction, making lists, learning about cool stuff, British TV crime dramas

5. If you had a time machine good for one round trip, where/when would you take it?
I'm really conflicted about time travel! I get hung up on the logical impossibility of it. If I'm there, how can I be here?  What happens to the me back then when the current me goes there? DAAAH. If I could get past all that, I think I would go to my own future to figure out what it looks like so I can stop worrying about it and just go with the flow.

6. What will be the title of your memoir?
It would probably end up being some terrible pun on my name or my love for candy. I'm accepting suggestions if anyone is inspired.

No comments: